A donor-advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving fund administered by a third party such as a community foundation or financial institution. DAFs allow you to make a charitable contribution of cash, securities, or other assets to the fund, receive an immediate tax deduction, and then recommend grants from your DAF account over time to the nonprofits you wish to support.
Further Your Impact
Giving a gift to Human Rights Watch from your DAF is not only convenient and easy for you, but it makes an undeniable impact on our work. Your gift will protect human rights around the world.
A few things to know:
- You can use your DAF to make a one-time or a recurring gift.
- You will receive an acknowledgment for your gift, but not a charitable receipt for tax purposes. This is because it is your contribution to your donor-advised fund that is tax-deductible, not your distribution to HRW.
How to Recommend a DAF Gift to Human Rights Watch
- Contact your DAF sponsor to request a grant distribution to Human Rights Watch.
- Human Rights Watch’s EIN # is 13-2875808
- Human Rights Watch’s mailing address is 350 5th Ave., 34th Fl., New York, NY, 10118
Make your grant recommendation today using our DAF widget. (Please note you will be directed to an external website to complete your transaction).